Eating too many vitamins in gummies can cause a range of unpleasant side effects, from diarrhea and vomiting to constipation and headaches. This is especially true if you eat too many gummies in one sitting. For those with kidney disease, even a handful of gummy vitamins can be enough to raise certain vitamins and minerals to toxic levels. When cannabis is inhaled by smoking or vaporizing, this compound is absorbed through the lungs and travels to the brain within a few heartbeats.
Eating 20 vitamins in the form of gummies can increase your chances of experiencing side effects such as nausea and diarrhea. Dr. Ashanti Woods, a pediatrician at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland, states that while it is concerning if you or your child eats too many vitamin gummies, the side effects are likely to be mild. Eating hundreds of vitamin supplements in gummies is considered a single overdose because they contain minerals such as zinc, magnesium and manganese that can become toxic to the body at very high levels, explains Gaby Udabor, NP, a holistic nurse specializing in Gaby U Health & Wellness Hub.
It is intended for general information purposes and is not intended to replace the advice, diagnosis, or treatment of a professional doctor. Children naturally love candy, so it may be difficult for them to differentiate gummy vitamins from typical candies. Other common techniques for calming down, such as deep breathing or meditation, can also help relieve stress. In fact, the Poison Control Center gets phone calls almost every day about children who accidentally ingest too many vitamin gummies. Alternatively, eating handfuls of gummies over time is also considered an excessive intake and can lead to high levels of vitamins and minerals in the long term, which can lead to serious health complications. You can also read another blog that we created to help you weigh the advantages and disadvantages of vitamins in gummies compared to pills and powdered supplements.
While the amount of vitamins and minerals contained in children's gummies shouldn't cause a fatal overdose, caregivers should always treat ingesting too many vitamins as an emergency situation and call the Toxicology Center immediately for help.